The Library Boards Association of Nova Scotia knows what public libraries mean to you, your family, and your community.
Better known as “LBANS”, our mission is to protect, preserve, promote, and support quality public library service for each and every Nova Scotian.
LBANS members are appointed from each of the nine regional library boards in Nova Scotia. Some are elected councillors while others are volunteers but all have a passion for public libraries and the services they offer. Objectives of LBANS include:
- Promoting quality public library service
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas
- Promoting cooperation between the regional library boards
- Representing the public library system
- Advocacy on behalf of public libraries to government and other stakeholders
We encourage you to learn more about LBANS and become involved. Standupforlibraries.ca can tell you how. We would also like to hear from you, after all its YOUR public library.